I am so sorry for your loss and I know how much the passing of a dear pet can hurt. Pet taxidermy is a delicate craft and only for those who have a pragmatic view of death. I work on pets with some very special conditions from my clients:
1) You understand that taxidermy is a sculptural representation of your pet using it's skin. I will get as close as I can to your pets looks and behaviors, but it will never be exact.
2) Your pet was most likely older and/or sick when they passed. I will do my best, but I cannot make them look young and healthy. We must manage expectations.
3) I will usually only mount mammals in a sleeping pose with eyes closed.
4) Pet preservation work takes at least 1 to 1.5 years. We have a backlog and this is delicate, time intensive work.
5) Pet taxidermy, when done well, takes considerable time and skill. Expect prices for birds to start at $2,500 and mammals start at $5000. We require 75% payment upfront with no refund should you change your mind after work has begun.
I know that we are not your cheapest option for pet preservation; however, our unique experience with many different species of animals and posing for museums and nature centers give us a unique ability to capture the spirit of your animal well. I'm often sadden when clients go to a low cost taxidermist to preserve their pet and are disappointed with the results. In fact, this is the primary reason I do pet taxidermy is I am also saddened to see poor results for clients. If you are serious about having your pet preserved please reach out to us.